Position: Program Officer – Governance and Management (Re-Advertisement)
Number of vacancy: 01 (One)
- development and promotion of organizational values, clear strategies, policies, plans, effective risk management processes and contribute to set the organization’s overall direction.
- that organizational policy setting and decision-making processes are participatory, consensus oriented, accountable, transparent, responsive, effective & efficient, just, equitable & inclusive, and follows the rule of law and in the best interest of UCEP Bangladesh.
- effective and efficient implementation of the CEO’s goals, key activities, short-medium and long-range plans in line with UCEP Bangladesh’s Values, Vision, Mission and Goals.
- establishment, maintenance and strengthening of networks of CEO’s office and SMT with UCEP BoG, Association, Welfare Trust, UCEP Ex-Student’s Alumni Association, RMT and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- strengthening and enforcement of legal compliances e.g. Laws and Regulations, Code of Ethics, Conflicts of Interest Policy, “Whistleblower” Policy etc.
- document, recordkeeping, data retention and necessary information destruction;
- protection of assets; availability of information to the public on behalf of CEO
- maintenance of strict confidentiality of information, documents and other internal and external communications
- To carry out any other task as assigned by supervisor.
UCEP BoG and Association:
- Provide necessary support to Chair and Vice Chair of Board to establish, manage and maintain and effective and efficient Board
- appraise Board of their roles and responsibilities
- carry out necessary meetings timely, prepare minutes and ensure timely follow up of decisions.
- ensure diversity and independence
- conduct CEO evaluation and compensation
- when needed, conduct recruitment or separation of CEO or Board members
- maintain necessary communication
- Provide necessary support to BoG and Association members as required.
- Provide necessary support to BoG and Association committees to effectively and efficiently carry out their roles and responsibilities
- Prepare working papers of the agenda of BOG and Association meetings and ensure timely distribution among members
- Ensure that the Association members regularly paid their yearly membership subscription.
- calendar of the CEO and ensure external communications as needed.
- proper management of visitors
- liaison with key stakeholders with guidance of CEO
- effective and efficient Grievance Management mechanism of CEO’s office with confidentiality
- and maintain an automated data base of detail information of key stakeholders of UCEP Bangladesh and specifically CEO’s connections.
- necessary letters, papers, talking points, presentations, reports, documentations etc. timely for CEO, maintaining strict confidentiality and excellence in quality
- minutes and ensure dissemination of all staff meetings at regional and central level chaired by the CEO.
- daily updates of national and international news related to relevant macro socio-economic and political issues and UCEP Bangladesh’s major focus areas.
- CEO has necessary and timely information and documents in order to carry out smooth function of his/her responsibilities.
- Support to facilitate supervisory role of CEO in regard to direct and indirect supervisees. In this regard, maintain confidential personnel files; assist in Performance Appraisal process; etc.
- CEO has strong financial oversight.
- In this regard, maintain files of Financial Records; Annual Budget; Financial Performance and Investments; Loans; Resource Allocation for Programs and Administration; Travel and Other Expense Policies etc.
- Prepare necessary overviews for CEO
- highlights of AGM/BoG/CEO/SMT public events are timely published in UCEP Bangladesh website, social media and shared with other relevant stakeholders e.g. donors and partners, with guidance of supervisor
- proper logistics and maintenance of equipment and other assets of CEO’s Office
- cleanliness and professional ambiance of CEO’s office
- proper hospitality of guests at CEO’s office
- necessary support for travel and accommodation within the country and abroad
- necessary support during field visits
Senior Management Team (SMT):
- Maintain regular SMT meeting calendar, organize SMT meetings, ensure timely minutes and follow up of decisions.
- Provide necessary support to ensure efficient and effective functioning of SMT
- To contribute to the development and implementation of UCEP Bangladesh’s values, strategy, vision, mission, goals
- To preserve copies of legal and statutory documents of BoG, NGOAB approval and NBR, DC office coordination and deliver as and when needed.
- To ensure logistics of the meetings and disseminate meeting decisions.
- To organize, communicate, keeping records of decisions, timely dissemination of records of all SMT/AGM/EGM/BoG and CEO’s meetings.
- To ensure timely follow up of implementation of the decisions of Management Meetings (SMT and SMT-RMT).
- To ensure meetings with donor partners as needed.
- Ensure proper safety and security of BoG and Association members, CEO and SMT within premise of UCEP Bangladesh and its other entities.
- To provide and collect information from various departments/regions for various reporting, meeting, proposal and other purposes.
- To arrange events, visits by Association, BoG and SMT as needed and prepare documentations/reports/meeting minutes.
- To ensure compliance requirements of UCEP Bangladesh’s membership with different bodies / agencies.
- To maintain the archive of UCEP Bangladesh related to governance and management.
- To maintain efficient and effective filing and documentation (hardcopies and electronic) of records.
- To prepare as needed, and coordinate preparation and dissemination of working papers for various meetings.
- Represent CEO as and when required.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT: (20%)
- To supervise the Deputy Program Officer (IG&M) and ensure his/her excellence in performance and commitment
- To supervise the Office Assistant (CEO’s Office) and ensure his/her excellence in performance and commitment
- To maintain cordial relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Master’s in Public Administration / Management or any other related discipline. Additional degree in Governance and Chartered Secretarial Course is essential.
- 6 years of relevant professional experience including at least 3 years in governance and internal management role in a large organization (experience of working with board and/or senior management will be preferred).
- Excellent command of communication skills both in Bangla and English.
- Excellent computer operating skill & conversant with MS Office package including automation system related software and tools.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Age limit for the applicant would be 40 years. Management has the right to make exceptions based on qualifications.
Salary & benefits for all positions:
Salary and Benefits are as per policy of the organization.
Application Deadline:Thursday, June 28, 2018
Job Source: bdjobs.com